Sunday, April 1, 2012

C4T #3

Aviva
teacher

The first blog post I commented on was Making Writing Meaningful. It talks about how important it is for the children to have an audience and a purpose when writing. He talks about how his students wrote about a certain aspect of technology and it got around to the other teachers. The teachers acted wonderfully and asked the students for more advice and for them to even show them how to use the technology. He says how much it inspired his students to want to do more. I never realized how important these things were. When I chose selections for them to write I will make sure to make it so that someone somewhere will respond to them and have it have some kind of outcome where it has a purpose.

The second blog post I commented on was Unepexted Character Education. He says how is grade 1 and 2 students had been working on plays. He let them decided how they wanted to present it. I will also follow this path in my classroom. I will make sure to allow the students to be creative. I think this is a very important thing to foster in children. So many teachers frown on this and kill creativity. I want to allow my children to flourish. I allow Leyna so much freedom. I tell her where the trolls live and not to put her hand in holes or the dragons will find her. I want her to draw and have an imagination and create things. I feel like it so important. He tells about how his students pulled together and helped each other in making these videos of the play. It really does surprise you what things pull children together and what teaches them many life lessons all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment