Sunday, April 15, 2012

Blog Post #11

Mrs. Cassidy

Little Kids big potential


Mrs. Cassidy uses many forms of technology in her classroom. She has a smartboard, access to computers, and Nintendo DSs. She uses wikis, blogs, class webpage, videos, and Skype.  Since there is limited Nintendos the students have to collaborate and work in groups to play the game Nintendogs. The game is where you raise and take care of a dog. My favorite approach she has is her class webpage. She has listed tools she is going to use in the class and places the kids can visit to play educational games or just learn something new. I love this idea and I plan on using it in my classroom. I can see the kids doing more work outside of school. I can see them retaining more of the information and doing better on tests then if they didn't have this option. I also feel like since I provide them safe places to go they may not be as tempted to try and find things like this on their own. That they will have more then enough to explore then to veer off course.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ash,

    You said: "I also feel like since I provide them safe places to go they may not be as tempted to try and find things like this on their own." This is a great way to look at it. If your students are exposed to good positive things on the internet, the they are more likely to keep looking for good, positive things.

    Do you think you will use a class webpage?

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete