Sunday, April 29, 2012

Blog Post #13

E-Media Fast

To be perfectly honest there was no way I was going to be able to do this assignment. Michael is away in Pensacola right now for training. I have a 21 month old little girl named Leyna. There is no way I could in my heart not let her call or facetime her daddy. Every night before she goes to bed we facetime Michael. It is the only way she will go to bed. I was able to stay off all other forms of electronics though. I didn't use facebook or the television. I stayed off my ipad. It was difficult not using any technology because I always check my facebook in the morning and I always check funny pics at night before I go to bed. If I am uncertain about anything I always Google it to make sure what I am saying is correct. I no longer have a dictionary and I have never had an encyclopedia. I also use my phone for Pandora Radio when I am walking or to get Leyna dancing to some Blues.
boys eyes covered

I know the students will have difficulties trying to keep electronics at the door but I don't see myself has keeping technology out of the classroom. I will teach them how to properly use technology in my classes. I will have them blogging, using Google, and playing games. I already am certain that I will have a smartboard and hopefully a handful of computers. I will use these tools to our advantage. If students have smartphones, which I am certain most of them will have by the time I have my own classroom, I will allow them to use them in the classroom. They can blog from their phone, do math, Google, spellcheck, and so much more. I am not going to limit these things in my classroom. These tools can help them so much and it is a part of there everyday life. I am sure that I will properly only have one or two students that have no computer in the home. The majority of students will not go a day without technology. We can't really expect them to. Somehow we have to integrate technology into the classroom on a day to day basis.


No comments:

Post a Comment